Kashmir Heritage is the first specialized blockprint workshop in the Netherlands (EU)
As from 2019 we have a studio in Amersfoort (NL).
Throughout the year you can learn the art of blockprinting with us, or extend your knowledge on it.
You can learn the basics of blockprinting, but also:
- work on your own print project with our help,
- have us print your textiles or paper,
- print yourself on paper or textiles,
- work on designs and patterns,
- discover your own style of printing,
- tips and tricks for applying blockprinting in your work on paper, canvas, textiles or ceramics,
- freestyle printing,
- learn to print designs in multiple colors,
- work with borders,
- experiment with patterns and colors,
- get to know about different print techniques like dabu printing (mud-resist), ajrakh or khari printing (gold or silver).
You want to make an appointment with your group, organisation or company to learn blockprinting? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities on email@example.com
We can also make your blockprints to order or print your textiles or paper for you.
The dates for which you can apply will be updated constantly, so please check now and then. If you have a group of min. 6 persons, you can make a separate appointment to plan a half or whole day of blockprinting in Amersfoort (NL) or on location. Please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Learn the basics of the art of blokprinting on fabric. discover the effect of colors and the power of repetition and layering in making your own unique textiles. More information and subscription through firstname.lastname@example.org.
For everybody who wants to create their own fabric and learn to print with the beautiful blockprints from India. You can print f.e. your own home textiles like table linen, tea towel or curtain fabric, clothing fabric or accessories like a bag or shawl.
During this day course you get to know the possibilities of the technique. You learn how to handle the blockprints, how to make a clear print, how to approach a design with blockprints, think about the use of color, repetition and layering, how to clean the blocks and how to fix your prints on fabric.
Various dates will follow, so please check our website regularly.
Apply for a curse in Amersfoort (NL), individually or with a group through email@example.com. Cost for half a day € 65 p.p., for a whole day € 95,- (incl. paper, paint, blockprints, print materials and coffee/tea). Exclusive of fabric project, extra cost f.e. for a shawl or apron. In consultation you can bring your own fabric like linen, cotton or silk.
Past dates since 2012 (selection):
- Workshops blockprinting at the exposition ‘Feathers’ in the Museum Volkenkunde Leiden (NL), at het Ambacht in Beeld Festival Amsterdam, at de exposition ‘Chintz, cotton in bloom’, Fries Museum Leeuwarden (NL)
- Masterclass ArtEZ fashion masters studenten on invitation of the Crafts Council Nederland i.c.w. the Openluchtmuseum Arnhem (NL)
- Masterclass blockprinting at the exposition ‘Chintz, cotton in bloom’ September 2017 on invitation of the Crafts Council Nederland in het Fries Museum (NL)
- Masterclass blockprinting March 2018 on invitation of the Crafts Council Nederland in the Zuiderzeemuseum te Enkhuizen (NL)
- Courses blockprinting on invitation of a.o. Scriptorus Nederlands-Vlaamse Vereniging voor Kalligrafen, Regioviltgroep Zuid Holland, Textilice (Maastricht, NL).
- Promotional workshops during the Handwerk en Quiltdagen in Arnhem and Nieuwegein, Libelle Zomerweek Almere, Kreadoe Jaarbeurs Utrecht, Handwerkbeurs in Gent (B) and in Zwolle, Textile Art Berlin (D)
- Blockprinting at the Textielfestival de Weerribben, Deng Deng Haarlem, Patchwork- en Quiltwinkel Carol Cox Utrecht
- Various dates Basics of Blockprinting in our studio in Doorn (NL)
- Various dates Basics of Blockprinting at the Leuning in Baarn (NL)
Nathalie Cassee from Kashmir Heritage learned blockprinting at several artisans and workshops in India, England and France.
As daughter of graphist Dick Cassée, since a young age she picked up the love and understanding of graphic techniques. Her passion for Indian textiles and crafts meant that she traveled to India a few times a year since 2007 and thus gained extensive knowledge of Indian textiles. She has regularly written articles about Indian crafts since 2009. In addition to blockprinting herself, she also deepened her knowledge of its theory and history.
In India she realizes her own collection and designs for her company Kashmir Heritage. Regularly she develops unique design projects with designers and craftsmen. She sells her collection at specialist fairs throughout Europe. Recently, she produced the first hand-made chintz reproduction for the Netherlands in over 100 years. This reproduction was exhibited, along with the original 18th-century piece at the Chintz, cotton in bloom exhibition in 2017 in the Frisian Museum.
If you would like to book a customized workshop or masterclass with your organization, festival, colleagues, friends or family, please get in touch on the possibilities.
Except courses, you can also find quality blockprint materials with us. Blockprint paints, (customized) blockprints, and other materials necessary for blockprinting. Regularly we have customized blockprints made for our clients with our workshops in India.
We have made customized blockprint (sets) among others for the Wereldmuseum Rotterdam (NL), Museum Volkenkunde Leiden (NL), photographer Michelle D, Ceramists Bernadette de Wijs, Gaby Kretz and Wietske Hellinga, Designer Daisy van Groningen, Company Fox and the Knight, Textile Festival De Weerribben.
Artists that worked with our blockprints are among others Ceramist Yna van der Meulen, Ozgur Demirbas Vervloet and Anita van Iersel Van Hest, Marry Potjes, Studio Saf, Kirin Design, Fafa Bulles, book binders Eliane C. Gomez and Atelier C, Siska Ruiter Bos.
For more information, please contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org